The B-17 Skipper, one of the longest serving Fortresses of the war, returning to Thurleigh on a cold afternoon in late January 1945. Flying with the 367th Squadron of the 306th Bomb Group, Skipper was badly damaged in November 1944, repaired and returned to service to finish the war with over 100 combat missions flown. Depicted here, the bare metal replacement section in the tail, and several flak patches, have yet to be repainted by her busy ground crew.
Overall size: 24½" x 30"
Available in the following editions
Signed by four B-17 pilots who flew with the Eighth Air Force.